New Safety Standards COVID-19
My practice follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Clean facilities, proper practitioner hygiene, procedures to ensure client safety, and disease prevention protocols have long been a cornerstone of professional massage and bodywork practice. By its very nature, massage and bodywork requires skin-to-skin contact and we all should know that infection control has always been a top priority in this field.
As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the coronavirus, please help me to support all my clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
For everyone’s safety and comfort, I ask that clients adhere to the following standards below. All Clients must be able to answer “NO” to the following health screening questions at the time of booking (verbally), and at the time of session:
- Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a doctor or a local public health official in the last 14 days
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory problem)?
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been around that has been sick within the last 14 days?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19?
- Clients are required to have their temperature taken via a touchless thermometer prior to their session. Clients with a temperature of 100.4 or higher must reschedule their appointment with no late cancel fee or penalty.
- Both client and therapist are required to wear a face mask at the time of arrival and during the session.
- The entire massage room will be disinfected including table, bolster, face cradle, door handles, cabinets stools, and light switch. Room will be prepared with fresh sheets and face cradle cover.
(Portions of this material are copyrighted by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards. All rights reserved).
© 2022 FitLife Bodywork. Lic # MA96662